One of the most important skills an entrepreneur can have is the ability to be able to anticipate future scenarios so that you can capitalize on them by being a little bit ahead of the curve.
I don’t know about you, but anticipating how our future is going to change with artificial intelligence has been a little tough for me – the possibilities seem almost endless.
While no one can predict the exact future of general artificial intelligence (AGI), many authors and experts have shared their visions and insights on the possible implications of AGI on society, economy, and ethics.
So I did what you may have already guessed that I did: I asked ChatGPT for the best recommendations for sources to learn from.
Here is the list of the top 10 books on artificial intelligence it recommends to help you understand different perspectives on a world with AGI (I’m already making my way through the first half of them):
- “Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies” by Nick Bostrom This book explores the potential implications of AGI, discussing its various forms and the risks it poses to humanity.
- “Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control” by Stuart Russell Russell offers insights on building AGI that aligns with human values and how to ensure its safe development.
- “Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence” by Max Tegmark Tegmark provides a comprehensive overview of the future of AGI and its impact on society, ethics, and the economy.
- “The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology” by Ray Kurzweil Kurzweil predicts a future where AGI and other advanced technologies merge with humanity, transforming society in profound ways.
- “Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era” by James Barrat Barrat explores the potential dangers of AGI, raising questions about its impact on humanity and whether we can control it.
- “The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World” by Pedro Domingos Domingos explains the potential of machine learning and AGI to revolutionize various industries and change the world.
- “Artificial Intelligence: A Guide to Intelligent Systems” by Michael Negnevitsky This book provides an accessible introduction to AI and its future, including AGI and its potential implications.
- “The AI Alignment Problem: How Can We Ensure That Artificial General Intelligence Benefits All of Humanity?” by Brian Christian Christian discusses the challenge of aligning AGI with human values and interests to ensure it benefits everyone.
- “The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity” by Byron Reese Reese explores the potential impact of AGI and other transformative technologies on humanity, society, and the future of work.
- “Possible Minds: Twenty-Five Ways of Looking at AI” edited by John Brockman This collection of essays features various experts sharing their perspectives on the development and implications of AGI.
The top 10 books on artificial intelligence offer diverse viewpoints and predictions about the future of AGI. Reading them will help you understand the potential risks and opportunities associated with this rapidly developing technology.
Hopefully then you can form a strategy for how you intend to capitalize in a world with AGI.